Looking for the Best CNC Router? Right to the place.
CNC routers has changed working and designing, replacing the traditional or manual method.
The inbuilt software allows doing the designing and the works.
Making the design on wood, metal, plastic is a lot of fun and even allows you to make a buck.
There are varieties of it . CNC for hobbyist, small business , professional level and also industrial level..
With a lot of choices in the market, we have selected few that are very common and has some good user base.
Here is our list of 7 Best CNC Router that might be your next perfect investment.
– Best Desktop CNC machine
Based on purpose
#1. CNC Piranha FX
Best CNC router for hobbyist
- Table dimensions : 12” x 18″
- XYZ travel : 12” x 13” x 3”
- Product Dimensions :23 x 22.5 x 16 inches
- Brand :Next Wave
- Manufacturer Part Number :10001
- Weight :58.8 pounds
- Compatible Software : Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Dimensions :19.5” (W), 20.5” (L), 18” (H)
- Shank OD :1/4″
- Spindle Speed :16,000 -35,000 RPM
- CNC Machine Travel : 12” (X), 13” (Y), 3” (Z)
Piranha FX provides a convenient touch screen interface.
If you are interested in smaller-scale projects like carving, plaques, ornamental boxes, it is the one you need to grab.
The cuttings are precise, including the capability of 3-D carving and even 3-D models library.
The creativity potential of this router is unlimited.
It is so accurate that you can even use it to engrave custom circuits. Some call it the wave of the future..
- Doesn’t take that much space
- The software inbuilt is not that good but works well with the extra software.
Best CNC router for sign making
- Manufacturer : BobsCNC, LLC
- Part Number : Evolution4
- Item Weight : 58 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 32 x 39 x 20 inches
- Item model number : Evolution 4
- Size : 32″” x 39″” x 21″”
- Color : Birch 5-ply plywood
- Power Source : Ac
- Voltage :115 Volts
- Wattage : 600 watts
- Torque : 75 Inch Ounces
- Performance Description : 24″” x 24″” x 3.3″” Cutting Volume
- Measurement System : Inches or mm
- Included Components : Makita RT0701C Router 1/4″” collet
If you are looking for accuracy in sign making, it serves you well.
The overall quality of the product is excellent. It is rigid and has all wood framing.
It may take around a long hour to fix. It has a servos stepper motor and is belt-driven.
You do not have to think more about how to assemble as it is simply coming with a manual.
The joint parts are held together by a lot of screws.
This router comes with a self squaring gantry.
The wire routing is optimized to prevent the wires from being damaged. You can unleash your creativity through this router..
- A lot exposure in the wire
- It is rigid
Based on material
#3. Genmitsu CNC 3018-PRO (Best Overall)
Best CNC router for Acrylic
- Effective Engraving Area : 260 x 155 x 35mm(10.2 x 6.1 x 1.4”)
- Frame Size : 400 x 330 x 240mm(15.7 x 13.0 x 9.4”)
- Frame Material : Aluminum
- Z-Axis Component Material : ABS
- Spindle : 775 motor, 12V~24V, 10000 RPM;
- Rated power : 60W; Maximum power: 120W
- Step Motor : 1.3 A, 12V, 0.25 Nm torque (2.2 in-lb)
- Drill Bits : Tip 0.1 mm, 20 degrees, Diameter 3.175 mm
- Supported OS : Windows XP, Windows 7 32/64 bits, Windows 8, Windows 10, Linux, MAC OS
- Software : Grbl control(Candle)
- Power Supply : 24V/5A, with CE, FCC & PSE certifications
Are you looking for a heavy and well machined built CNC router?
Here I bring you the Genmitsu CNC 3018-PRO. It makes use of grbl software for controlling.
It has high-performance open-source software for managing the movement, and it primarily runs in Arduino.
The magical thing about this router is it has translucent acrylic guards to prevent the chips from flying over the work.
This router reduces the risk of the engraving mill breaking.
One more additional thing is that it has an emergency stop switch which allows the machine to stop without causing any problem to the device itself.
Limit switches also accompany it.
It even comes with an offline controller.
This router is famous for modifications and is also the best value CNC router.
- Makes an accurate dimensions during the cut.
- The wire is not that of good quality.
Best CNC Router for Plastic
- Effective Engraving Area : 300 x 180 x 45 mm(11.8 x 7.1 x 1.8”)
- Frame Size : 400 x 330 x 240 mm(15.7 x 13.0 x 9.4″”)
- Frame Material : PF+ Aluminum
- Z-Axis Component Material : Nylon
- Spindle :775 motor, 24V, 10000 RPM
- Rated power : 60W; Maximum power: 120W
- Step Motor : 1.3 A, 12V, 0.25 Nm torque (2.2 in lb)
- Drill Bits :Tip 0.1 mm, 20 degree, Diameter 3.175 mm
- Supported OS : Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, MAC OS
- Software : Grbl control(Candle)
- Power Supply : 24V/5A
One of the most refined and most accessible router to assemble is here for you. You only have to take your time and watch some youtube videos for making.
The router is sturdy. It has a high-performance capacity.
This is a great router if you are waiting for learning, tinkering, and experimenting.
The seller reaches the customer very soon.
I reported a problem through the mail, and they got back to me quickly.
Within a week, I received a brand new controller.
I used this for doing wood projects, aluminium dog tags and 3d printer parts, which is pretty well.
Mach3 is much more advanced software, so it may be challenging to use with the router.
- It is sturdy.
- Screws come out easily.
Best CNC Router for Wood and Metal
- Manufacturer : cenoz
- Part Number : 202071
- Item Weight : 22.6 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 18 x 11.5 x 5.8 inches
- Material : Aluminum
- Working area : 30x18x4.5cm
- Frame size : 33x40x24cm
- Mesa : 30x18cm
- Spindle : 775 spindle motor (12-36V) 24V: 10000r/min
- Spindle Chuck : ER
- Step motor : Fuselage length 34MM,Current 1.33A, 12v.Torque 0.25N/M
- Power supply : 24V 5.6A
- Software : GRBL controller
- Supported system : Windows(Do not support Mac)
If you are interested in buying a cheap and having fun with the machines, this product will meet your need. It has a rigid body.
The router needs to be greased before being used.
This router makes uses of grbl software.
Assembling of this product is simple and is quick.
The precision it gives is recommendable.
It can engrave on plastics, soft aluminum, woods, acrylics, PVC, and PCB.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The axis stick jump sometimes.
Based on experience
Best Entry level CNC Router
- Profile Dimensions : 33x40x24cm ; Engraving area: 30x18x4.5cm; Software: GRBL control systems
- Spindle : 775 spindle motor(12-36V) 24V:10000r / min
- Support system : Windows XP / Win 7 / Win 8 / Win 10.
- Stepper motor : fuselage length 34MM,Current 1.33A, 12v.Torque 0.25N/M
- Drill bits : tip 0.1mm ,20 degree , diameter3.175mm. the package include 10pc.
- Clamps : 4 pcs, Hold the thickness of 0-30mm, the inner slot width 6mm
Want to get a new router as a beginner? It is excellent for you.
The product is well built, and the parts are easy to put together.
The machine can engrave acrylic, plastic, PVC, wood and other similar material.
It cannot work on metal. It is pretty sturdy and is easy to assemble.
This is open to the limit switches too.
It comes with an offline controller, which solves the problem of connecting to the computer and does not need to download it.
- It is well built.
- The sound produced is louder comparatively.
Best Industrial grade CNC Router for Small shops
- Working Area : 400 x 300 x 110mm (15.75” x 11.81” x 4.33”)
- Frame : C Beam Structure and Linear Rails
- Drive System : ACME Leadscrew (T10)
- Control Board Compatibility : GRBL 1.1h
- Stepper Driver :TB6560
- Stepper Motors : NEMA 23 (2 Phase, 3A)
- Spindle : 300W 6A, 12,000 RPM
- Max speed : 2000mm/min
- Accuracy : 0.1-0.2mm
- Power Supply : 600W, 7A, 0-48V
- CAM Software : Candle, Carveco Maker, Easel
- Homing Switches : X, Y, Z Limit Switches + ESTOP
- Leadscrew Size : X-658mm , Y-528mm, Z-208mm
- Leadscrew Type :T10 2mm pitch, 5mm lead 5 start acme leadscrew
- Overall Machine Size : 641 x 755.5 x 580mm (25.23” x 29.74” x 22.83)”
- Controller Box Size : 400 x 200 x 60.7mm (15.75” x 7.87” x 2.39”)
– Best CNC Router for Small Shop
If you are looking for a small shop, it fits the category. It highly reduces the effort of assembling as it has a pre-assembled module of XYZ axis and the wires.
The XYZ axis is smooth.
The product looks not only fantastic but also gives high precision on performance.
It also includes accessories.
It is pretty sturdy, and the body is well built.
The machine works well.
The working size is small compared to the whole body of the device.
- Precision on its performance
- Too sensitive to the change of voltage
Is a CNC machine worth it?
It is worth getting one CNC, be it a beginner.
It may further increase the creativity level..
Is CNC easy to learn?
It is not rocket science to understand.
It contains simple math, which is easy to learn.
To make your design you will need a computer software. It is not so tough to learn to use these softwares.
How much do CNC operators make an hour?
Depending on the expertise and experience in work, it takes more than an hour.
Is Mach3 CNC free?
The software is not free, but it provides a free demo version to the buyers.
Can I make money with a CNC machine?
Yes. CNC are used by many small shops to business for making money.
If you continued to work on CNC for long enough, it would undoubtedly help you make a-lot of money.